FURUNO ELECTRIC CO., LTD. is pleased to introduce the BBDS1, a new Bottom Discrimination Fish Finder (Echo Sounder) designed for use with NavNet 3D system. The BBDS1 provides the bottom discrimination feature as well as the basic functions and capabilities of the DFF1, such as the digital filter technology.
The BBDS1 is a new network fish finder that features an all new bottom discrimination function, as well as Furuno's DFT (Digital Filter Technology) capability of the DFF1. The BBDS1 determines the bottom structure and separates them into the following categories: mud, sand, gravel, and rock. This is achieved by analyzing echo characteristics from the bottom components such as particle size and hardness. Connect the BBDS1 to your NavNet 3D network and get ready for your NavNet 3D system to provide you with valuable information to locate rich fishing grounds, while boosting your catch of the day. There are two bottom discrimination display modes to select from, Standard Mode and Probability Mode:
Frequency: 50/200 kHz alternately transmitted
Output Power: 600 W/1 kW
Power Supply: 12-24 VDC: 1.1-0.4 A (in output power of 1 kW)
Temperature : -15 to + 55 degree Celsius (in operation)
Relative Humidity: 93% at 40 degree Celsius
Waterproofing: IP20 (not waterproofed)
Required Conditions for Bottom Discrimination
Detection Range: 5-100 m
Boat Speed: 0-10 kn
Transducer mounting: Thru-hull or transom mount only
MFD8/12/BB software: v2.06 or later
1) The result shown by this function may sometimes be different from the actual bottom components.
2) For best performance, do not use in-hull mounted transducers with the BBDS1.
3) The BBDS1 may show an incorrect ground discrimination result, especially when there is a big fish school right under the boat. This is because enough echoes may not be received from the bottom.
4) Materials such as shell, coral, or a sunken ship are indicated as the most similar material from the four bottom categories: mud, sand, gravel, or rock, according to reflected echoes.
5) Auto mode is automatically activated when the bottom discrimination function is turned on. (Manual mode is not selectable.)
6) The BBDS1 is not compatible with the NavNet 1 and NavNet vx2.
Comparison with DFF1